Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


ukcat calculator help!!!!!

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 03:54 AM PDT

My ukcat is in 5 days and I'm having so many problems with the on screen calculator for the QR section!!

I know how to work out the answer but working out sums using the calculator takes forever.

I'm doing the first practice test off the official ukcat website (standard timing) and the questions are long winded and use long numbers.

It's actually taken me 6 minutes on one question because it was so fiddly. At this rate I'm going to fail :'(

Please help, what can I do to increase speed on these calculations?

I'm already typing the numbers using the keyboard and clicking the add/minus/multiply/divide with the mouse but I'm still slow :(

Also, I tried using the memory buttons on the onscreen calculator that comes with the practice test but they don't store and recall numbers properly. Am I not doing it right? This sounds dumb but can someone please explain how they work, so I know I'm doing it right?

Also, has anyone got some basic tips for the QR section?

I've got a migraine from trying to use the calculator :(

Please help someone :(

A levels for medicine

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 01:41 PM PDT

Evening all. Looking at my local 6th form and it seems the variety isnt exactly great. The A levels im lookin at are Chemistry, Physics, Human Biology and either English lang or P.E. Does anybody know if med schools would accept Human Bio over normal Bio (as this 6thform doesnt currently do Bio and the next nearest 6th form i could attend is potentially 2 hours away) and if PE is a subject they would accept, even if its only at AS level? thanks all :D

Is any one else pretty sure they're going to fail the UKCAT?

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 11:23 AM PDT

Well... are you?

My test isn't until October 4th so I can't say for sure, but my mock exams indicate approaching failure.

I just can't stop sucking at numerical reasoning. I'm not incapable of doing maths - I managed to nail my chemistry A level - but I'm slow. I see numbers and it takes a while for my eyes to adjust and my brain to fire up. Under timed conditions this = failure.

Time to start making up some special circumstances? My Nan's looking a bit peaky...