Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Looking to buy ACER Practice Test

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 07:40 PM PDT

Hi everyone. Does anyone have the ACER Practice Test for sale? Ideally I am looking for the purple one, if possible. (Practice Test 2). Have been emailing people but always a bit too late, so I'd be really grateful if anyone does.

Thanks!

Which one would you choose?

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 04:26 PM PDT

Hello everyone,

I've been lucky to secure two full time jobs recently, however I am confused which one to go for. I understand that ultimately it will be my choice, but thought a little input from others wouldn't hurt.

Job 1: Trainee Clinical Support Worker in Theatre/Orthopaedics

Pros: Direct care, checking vital signs, performing and recording blood glucose levels, urine testing - Midstream Specimen, 24Hr collection, Ileu Conduit Urine, Dip-Stick.

Working towards an NVQ level II in Healthcare support.

Cons: Less pay; I'd be paying almost all of it in childcare, no specific shift pattern, a bit of a journey from home (I don't drive).

Job2: Nursing Assistant (complex mental health - Adult forensic ward)

Pros: Direct care, Different and challenging, specific shift pattern, better wages, closer to home.

Cons: A fair amount of admin/clerical work (I understand that it's part of the job, but I know someone who worked as an HCA and spent most of her time typing, photocopying, arranging meetings etc.). It's on a medium secure psychiatric ward; I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to see as many medical procedures as I would working in theatres/ortho.

What would you choose and why?

People who've already done their ukcat- how long did you spend on each q in QR part??

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 05:56 AM PDT

I'm spending way too long on each question on these practice mocks :'(

How much time did you spend on each question in the QR question?