Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Pregnant at GEP interview - help?!

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 02:12 AM PDT

Hello,

I'm applying to St George's this year for 2013 entry.

I have the necessary work exp. and an ok Gamsat (64/68 depending on which of SGUL's two methods you use to divide) so hope to have an interview in January...
The only slight problem is that I am now pregnant and due to give birth in early Feb.

Does anyone have any experience of being pregnant at interview or of heavily pregnant interviewees in any other way?!?

I know in theory that it should not affect my application at all but I feel crazily nervous - I guess, like most of us here, I have been working towards it for what feels like a while and want it so badly, and the prospect of falling at the last hurdle just because of something as everyday (albeit wonderful) as pregnancy is irking me.
I don't want to ask for special dispensation but at the same time wonder how much scope there is to work around it.

Other than giving birth prematurely - in which case I will just have to turn up at the interview with undereye bags covered as much possible! - I am not worried about the interview with regard to my own comfort, just about SGUL's perspective on me doing the MMIs with an immense bump.

Apologies if this is the hormones talking but if anyone can reassure me about the prospect of an interview while visibly pregnant (or with a newborn back at home), I'd be very grateful :)

Thanks all muchly in advance x

Selling Book: Getting into Medical School

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 10:34 AM PDT

Hi guys

I'm selling this book which helped me get a place last year. You can either bid on ebay (see below link) or if you want to buy it now directly and immediately from me I will knock £2 off the buy it now price.

Getting into Medical School 2012 Entry: The Insider Guide to Winning a Place... 9781844553921 | eBay

It is for 2012 entry, but I can barely think much has changed since them.

:-)

Selling Book: How to get into Graduate Entry Medicine

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 10:31 AM PDT

Hi Guys

Selling this book which helped me get a place :-)

It's for 2011 entry but can't think much will have changed since then, including the fees!

How to Get into Graduate Entry Medicine by Spine Publishing (Paperback, 2010) 9780955132551 | eBay

If someone from the forum wants it I will knock £2 off the buy it now price for an immediate sale :-)

Low UKCAT score and UK Dental universities help please!

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 09:08 AM PDT

Hi there so I got 592 which is pretty low, would anyone know if there are any UK Dental Universities that might not place such a big emphasis on low ukcat scores or should I look at taking a gap year and try again? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks .

Help for qr!

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 08:53 AM PDT

Here are some super simple tips that many of you may be aware of but for you who don't I hope this is helpful.

Firstly, to save time turn on 'Num Lock' on your keyboard so you can use the keyboard like a hand held calculator, I found this saved a lot of time for me as I was much faster at typing rather than clicking on the mouse. Also on the day you may have sweaty/shaky hands and could end up clicking wrong numbers on the on screen calculator which wastes a lot of time.

2. Flag questions that have '2 parts to them' or are very wordy and try to complete all the really simple and straight forward questions as quickly as you can. Afterwards return to the tricky questions, also by this time you feel a lot more calm and can actually take in all the info.

3. This sounds really obvious but SERIOUSLY keep on practising until you can answer all the questions strictly in the time limit.

4. For the most representative QR tests , I think Emedica's last few tests e.g. 8,9,10 are pretty much spot on. However it ultimately depends on your luck if you are given easy or hard questions on the day.

5. Also the maths is very simple and is def GCSE maths standard however like everything in the UKCAT it's the time limit that makes it hard to complete.

Hope this helps and good luck. :)

Degree certificate

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 06:08 AM PDT

I've been told I need to take my original degree certificate to Limerick during orientation, however, I sent it to CAO when I applied initially.

Does anyone know if a new copy will be OK and what should I do if it doesn't arrive in time? Has anyone else got the same problem?