Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


GAMSAT section II: The difference between section A and B

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 01:34 AM PDT

Hey all,

So, after reading the Griffiths GAMSAT review I figured I would go with a writing style similar to that which he suggests. The structure seems clear and it is easy to reproduce for any essay...However, after reading the GRADMED section II booklet it seems that the section B essays should be written as a personal response using your own experiences? Is this really necessary? I mean most of the section B essays in the GRADMED course are written almost as short stories. They seem to suggest that this method is the only way to score well in section B? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

New Section 3 requirement for St George's

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 01:12 PM PDT

I've only just found out - by chance - that SGUL now want a minimum of 55 in section 3, instead of the previous 50 if you have gained 55+ in section 1 (along with the obligatory 55+ in section 2).

It's slightly frustrating - I got 68 in the March Gamsat so didn't choose to resit this September on the basis that 68 would be fine, but I just missed 55 in section 3 so it turns out I'll need to resit after all - agh! And now September Gamsat registration is closed!

I could cry! (But won't...).

As far as I know, other Gamsat schools not yet following suit...

Stuck on these AR questions - HELP PLEASE!!

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 10:54 AM PDT

Hello everyone. Absolutely banging my head against the wall for these three AR questions.. been staring at them blankly for ages with but no luck. Knowing my luck, the answers are probably really simple haha. Would anyone kindly help me find the patterns for the following sets? Would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone! :)

Click image for larger version.     Name:	egspqg.jpg   Views:	23   Size:	21.0 KB   ID:	1053

Click image for larger version.     Name:	291p7px.jpg   Views:	16   Size:	23.9 KB   ID:	1054

Click image for larger version.     Name:	2m3hg1i.jpg   Views:	18   Size:	22.9 KB   ID:	1055
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.     Name:	2m3hg1i.jpg   Views:	N/A   Size:	22.9 KB   ID:	1055   Click image for larger version.     Name:	291p7px.jpg   Views:	N/A   Size:	23.9 KB   ID:	1054   Click image for larger version.     Name:	egspqg.jpg   Views:	N/A   Size:	21.0 KB   ID:	1053  

Got 630 on my ukcat :(

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 10:50 AM PDT

I feel like crying :( My QR section let me down. Shall I re-apply next year or just forget medicine? I don't feel like I have that natural ability that universities are looking for :(

Pregnant at med school interview - any advice?!

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 08:30 AM PDT

Hello,

I posted this in the SGUL forum and then realised this might be a better place.

I'm applying to St George's this year for 2013 entry.

I have the necessary work exp. and an ok Gamsat (64/68 depending on which of SGUL's two methods you use to divide) so hope to have an interview in January...
The only slight problem is that I am now pregnant and due to give birth in early Feb.

Does anyone have any experience of being pregnant at interview or of heavily pregnant interviewees in any other way?!?

I know in theory that it should not affect my application at all but I feel crazily nervous - I guess, like most of us here, I have been working pretty hard towards it and want it so badly, and the prospect of falling at the last hurdle just because of something as everyday (albeit wonderful) as pregnancy is irking me.
I don't want to ask for special dispensation but also wonder how much scope there is to work around it.

I am not worried about the interview with regard to my own comfort, just about SGUL's perspective on me doing the MMIs with an immense bump - or if things happen prematurely, a very new newborn!

Apologies if this is the hormones talking but if anyone can reassure me about the prospect of an interview while visibly pregnant (or with a newborn back at home), I'd be very grateful :)

Thanks all muchly in advance x