Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Undergrad Pre-med student from Chicago!!! Seeking Help!! Anyone in the medical field

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 06:09 PM PDT

Hi my name is Marlon Curtis, im a student at Chicago state university. I am a premed student seeking help with an assignment! If I could borrow some your time it would really help you don't need to answer all the question. Thanks for your time!!



1. What educational preparation do you believe would be best for working in this industry?
2. What skills, talents, and personal qualities are most essential in this job?
3. What kinds of experiences (paid employment or other) would you most strongly recommend?
4. What credentials, educational degrees, licenses, etc. are required for entry into this kind of work?
5. How well suited is my background for this type of work?
6. With the information you have about my education, skills, and experience, what other fields would you suggest I research further before making a final decision?

7. How did you choose this career field?
8. How do you spend your time during a typical workweek?
9. What do you find most rewarding about the work?
10. What are the toughest problems you must deal with?

11. Does your work become more interesting as you stay longer?
12. If things develop as you would like, what does the future hold for your career?

13. How did you prepare for this kind of work? What was your college major?
14. If you were a college student again, had it to do all over, knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?
15. What has been your career path?

16. How much flexibility do you have in terms of dress, hours, vacation schedule, place of residence, etc.?
17. Must you perform all your job responsibilities in your place of work?
18. What obligations does your work place upon you, outside of the ordinary workweek? Do you enjoy these obligations?

Advice needed on application process!!!!! :D

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 09:35 AM PDT

Hi all!
I haven't made any serious decisions as of yet but I am seriously looking toward applying to one of the graduate programs in the very close future.

I am currently studying in my 2nd year of Biomedical science comfortably achieving a first average.

I plan to take the UKCAT this summer in order to gain some experience in taking the examination but unsure whether to apply during my third year (don't really feel ready or prepared).

I am currently a ward assistant in a hospital in Bristol as well as taking part in two volunteering university programs. I have planned to visit China this Summer for close to 2 months to volunteer in an orphanage for children with special needs (nervous!).
I plan to carry on with my hospital placement for the entirety of next academic year as well as get some form of paid healthcare related job next year.

I was wondering if any people experienced in applying or medical school students could give me any advice.....I realise 'you can never have enough work experience' however I have no idea what the general amount is needed in order to stand a fighting chance.
Quite a long one, but any advice would be well appreciated,
Thanks,
Ash
P.S Warwick looks very attractive, so any people with experience with Warwick would be a massive bonus!

Attn to Future doctors! Time to pick up some revision on GAMSAT! Take a look here..

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 08:44 AM PDT

Hello applicants,

I have lots of Gamsat material available, as follows:

- Des O'Neill: extensive mix of science and sections 1 and 2 guidance including essays

- Ozimed: 5 full practice tests

- MediRed: Chem/Bio guidance (118 pages), Essay guidance (62 pages), Physics (72 pages)

- MedPrep: Poetry/prose guidance; Bio/Chem/Physics guidance; 2 sample tests

- Kaplan MCAT: excellent for section 1 and 3 Gamsat practice: includes full-length tests, LOADS of individual sciences tests, LOADS of verbal reasoning tests (great for section 1).

Available in parts or as a whole; get in touch if you're interested or would like any more details!
May PM me or text me on 07583888313