Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Advice please...finish nurse training or apply to GEM now?

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 05:24 PM PDT

Hello everyone. I'm 25 and a biomed science graduate. I always had a passion to be a doctor but never felt I was good enough. I ended up with a 2.2.

I sat gams at March 13 and gave myself only 12 weeks to prepare. Passed the first 2 sections but failed section 3 by one mark so I failed overall. At the time I gave up and thought I wasn't clever enough.

To cut a long story short I'm now training to be a nurse (started sept 2013). Currently studying at nottingham Uni. I see the GEM students all the time and wish I was one. the burning desire to be a doctor has returned.

My question is this...should I continue my degree. Then apply for medicine or and quit nursing and apply in sept.


My work experience:
8 week placement in a Gp surgery
Currently part of derby soup run, feeding the homeless
British Red Cross fire and emergency response volunteer (2013)
Carer for my aunt and father from 2004-2012

Question: should I get some more work experience?

Random fact: I worked at the Olympics as a security team leader.

Voluntary (lab) work

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 09:16 AM PDT

Hello, I'm probably grasping at straws here, but here's my situation: I was laid off from NHS (alcohol clinic) and have since embarked on an Open University Natural Sciences/Chemistry Pathway BSc-I'm trying to source voluntary work/work experience in a laboratory environment. My interest in the above qualification was sparked by an interest in drug action, hepatitis-the themes I came into contact with at the clinic. I know I don't really fit the criteria of this site but if you don't try, you don't get-anyone advise? I live in Liverpool UK+am mature student. Thanks.

Interview

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 08:10 AM PDT

Hi I need anyone available in a medical field job to interview anyone help please

GAMSAT REVISION MATERIAL - is it worth buying books, if so, which ones?

Posted: 30 Mar 2014 05:52 AM PDT

Hi all
I am new to the GAMSAT, I have spent hours reading through various reviews of books and still unsure which ones to buy or if to buy any atall?
I have read many great reviews about the GURU books but then also quite a few saying they are a rip off!

I would love some advice from people who have sat the exam or used any supplmentary materials that can give me some good honest advice as to where to start when it comes to revising for the exam.

Thank you!