Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Graduate with a 2.2... do I have a shot?

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 04:52 PM PDT

Hello guys, Im a 28 year old Physics teacher whos looking for a career change and have become genuinely interested in medicine; the problem is I have a 2.2 (Bsc Physics from Imperial)...on the other hand, I have a pretty good pre-university academic record: 7A*s at GCSE and 4 As in A Levels Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Im looking for some advice here, realistically what are my chances at graduate entry medicine (assuming I can get relevant work experience and pull off a competitive UKCAT and/or GAMSAT score)?

If the 2.2 is an intractable problem, what do you guys think about my chances at applying as a mature student on the undergraduate stream with my A Levels (is it even possible to do this?). Im single, unburdened by any financial difficulties and in fact will have more than enough savings to fund 5 years of undergraduate study in a few years so my one and only problem is that 2.2.