Dear GUDID Email Subscribers,
The GUDID HL7 SPL Implementation Files have been updated and are presently available at-- http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/UniqueDeviceIdentification/GlobalUDIDatabaseGUDID/default.htm#hl7spl
The updated files include updates that will be made for GUDID Release 1.2.1. These updates are scheduled to be pushed as follows –
- GUDID pre-production environment by end of April 2014
- GUDID production environment by beginning of May 2014
- The ReadMeFirst file, changelog tab, contains complete details of the updates. They include the following --
- Addition of a new Production Identifier: Donation Identification Number (DIN) –indicates the device is managed by a DIN. This number can be found on the device label or packaging. The DIN is applicable to devices that are also regulated as Human Cell, Tissue or Cellular or Tissue-Based Product (HCT/Ps) and is a number that is assigned to each donation; required attribute; must answer Yes/No
- Changes to MRI Safety Status: The existing two questions have been combined into one question which reads “What MRI safety information does the labeling contain?” The list of values will include: MR Safe, MR Unsafe, MR Conditional and Labeling does not contain MRI Safety Information.
- New additions to the list of values for Sterilization Method: Nitrogen Dioxide, Supercritical Carbon Dioxide, High Level Disinfectant and Liquid Chemical Sterilant
- Changes to list of values for Size Type and Unit of Measure -- Weight, Pressure, Pore Size, Area/Surface Area, and Angle will be added; Second Greatest Diameter and Third Greatest Diameter will be removed; related Units of Measure will be added.
For all questions on UDI and GUDID, please contact the FDA UDI Help Desk.
FDA UDI Team