Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Minimal background in Science

Posted: 09 Jul 2014 10:22 AM PDT

Hi everyone,

I am intending to sit the GAMSAT in London 2014 (for Australian Medical schools).

I have a BSc in Psychology and am currently finishing off my MSc in Cognitive Neuroscience (investigating systolic blood pressure fluctuations during tests of unconscious structural knowledge), and psychopharmacology, psychophyisiology and neuroanatomy/biology are my strong suits.
However, I did lower-level Bio, Physics and Chemistry at A-levels (or the french equivalent in my case) so my understanding is very limited at the moment, particularly in Chemistry.

Given that the exam is in March, and that I intend to hit the books in mid-August onwards, what are my chances of success?

I am a fairly quick learner, and more importantly, I have an online job (SEO) with flexible hours, which gives me plenty of weekday time to revise. I will also probably get a personal tutor for the Chemistry stuff, just to facilitate the learning process.

I apologise if a similar query has been made before, but I figured a tailored question would render more applicable responses.

Best,

Stephanie