Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


US citizen with UK undergraduate degree applying to US med schools?

Posted: 31 Dec 2014 07:29 AM PST

I am a US citizen who decided to go to the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. In terms of career aspirations, I want to do medical research, perhaps at the CDC or in a university setting. From what I have read on this excellent forum, if I want a US medical degree, I should transfer to a US undergraduate program. But if I remain here (I love it here) and receive my undergraduate degree in molecular biology from the Univ. of St. Andrews, is there a path to US med school? And if so, what do I do about supplying US med schools with four years of college grades? St. Andrews does not report the first two years except on a pass fail basis; upper level courses (the final two years) are reported with grades. I would of course take the MCAT and am already pursuing the standard pre-med courses. My questions are limited to admissions paths; I believe my family will assist me with loans and or tuition assistance. Thank you.