Canadian Online Pharmacy

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News

New Media Medicine Forums - Medical News


Standard grade requirements - please advise!!

Posted: 21 Jan 2015 02:57 PM PST

Hello all
My name is Tom. I sent away my application (1st attempt) in December last year. I am 31, have been to University and have honours degree in sociology and culture. Since then (2009) I have worked as a support worker and currently I am a key worker working with autism. I have achieved many courses such as first aid, epilepsy training etc etc. I also have 4 highers (grade B's) in politics, sociology, English, and History. When I was 15 (sitting my standard grades) I was very unwell and had about 6months off school so didn't do great in my standard grades. As such, TECHNICALLY I do not possess the MINIMUM requirements as they ask for standard grades.
My question is, will this hold me back in application stage? It seems unfair as I feel I have surpassed the minimum requirements but also don't possess the exact qualifications. Ive asked for advice in email but had no response. I am about to apply for my C1 but wonder if its actually my standard grade results that are holding me back and I should do something about that first.
Thank you for reading and Please advise me as im a little stuck with what to do next!!
Regards
Tom